Welcome to Ananda Developments
Ananda’s mission is to become a leading UK grower and provider of high quality, consistent medical cannabis for the UK and international markets.
What is the opportunity for cannabis medicines?
The world has an increasing problem with hard to treat complex and chronic inflammatory pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, rheumatology, endometriosis and epilepsy.
- The global anti-inflammatory therapeutics market is expected to be worth USD 127.5bn by 2030
- 35.0%-51.3% of the UK population suffers from chronic inflammatory pain (approximately 28 million people)
- The NHS spends more than £5bn pa on treating and trying to treat these conditions
- There is an ongoing massive increase in the amount of research into cannabis, cannabinoids, CBD, endocannabinoid system
- This research is increasingly demonstrating that cannabis and its constituents are very good at treating complex chronic inflammatory pain conditions
- There is evidence of an increasing number of medical cannabis patients and prescriptions in the UK and globally
- There is increased recognition of cannabis by UK regulators (first UK based MHRA certified GMP manufacturing facility, NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) calls for research and evidence)
Through both of its wholly owned subsidiaries, DJT Plants Limited (cultivation) and MRX Medical Limited (cannabis oil formulation and manufacturing), Ananda intends to target these indications. The impact of Ananda as a UK cultivator and manufacturer will be significant:
- The highest quality cannabis medicines, grown and formulated in the UK to the highest UK standards, at low cost
- The shortest supply chain to ensure patients won’t run out of medicine
- UK research with UK cannabis medicines to give confidence to prescribers and regulators
- The team to deliver: a combination of seasoned, successful and driven entrepreneurs together with best-in-class scientists, cultivators and go to market specialists
At our dedicated cultivation facility in the UK, we are currently working through medical cannabis strain stabilisation research and scaled cultivation trials, in readiness for our application to grow for commercial purposes to meet the needs of UK patients and prescribers.
Via partnership with the University of Edinburgh, MRX is actively involved in two of the first ever Phase II randomised control trials using CBD as the active pharmaceutical ingredient.
Ananda Developments is listed on the AQSE Growth Market in London. Click here for a list of brokers you can contact if you would like to buy shares in Ananda.
Please also contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Find out more about Ananda Developments and medical cannabis
Simply add your name and email below to receive Investor Updates which highlight our progress to growing medical cannabis in the UK. You can also receive our Medical Cannabis Research Roundups which provide easy-to-read summaries of recent scientific research.