What is iCan?
- a globally recognised Israeli company focused on the medical cannabis industry.
- provides Ananda with access to the Israeli Medical Cannabis sector, the leading global centre of Cannabis research and development.
- iCan subsidiaries and partners;
- iCAN Services (100%) – provides advisory services and incubates start-ups. Gives Ananda access to the most exciting, nascent cannabis ventures in Israel.
- CannaTech (100%) the world’s leading cannabis symposium. Runs annual conferences in Tel Aviv, Sydney and Panama with plans in place for Africa and Hong Kong conferences starting in 2019.
- CMTREX (20%) an online Cannabis Mercantile Trading Exchange based on Israeli IP which was developed for the international diamond market.
- CannRX (5%) has created an advanced extraction technology – VCT patented vapor capture technology. The VCT creates liquid soluble cannabinoid profiles that can be used in downstream pharmaceuticals.
US$200,000 of 6% yielding CLNs
Why we like it
- Foundation investment.
- International thought leader in the cannabis space.
- direct access to Israeli companies in the medical cannabis space.
- direct access to highest quality intellectual capabilities for assessing deals and ensuring best practice in investee companies.
What is hapac®?
- small, ready-to-use filter-paper sachets of pre-ground medical cannabis,
specially designed for use in dry-herb vaporisers.
- heat not burn.
- wasted cannabis, toxicants and odour dramatically reduced.
- makes vaping medical cannabis as simple, easy and satisfying as using a coffee pod.
- goal is to build a valuable, legal and global cannabis brand (hap®) based on the unique
benefits of hapac®, its patent pending technology for vaping medical cannabis.
- business model is to license the intellectual property to authorised cannabis processors in
legal cannabis markets, for the manufacture and sale of hapac® based products.
- Following successful trials in Seattle, hapac® has commercially launched in Italy, December 2018.
- A Canadian launch being planned for 2019.
- Three founders have over 75 years expertise between them in MD / CEO and senior roles in British American Tobacco, creating and building global brands in vaping and e-cigarette devices.
- £460,000 for 15%.
- Board seat.
- Ability to follow rights on further rounds.
- First right of refusal on future raisings for 2 years.
Why we like it
- Exceptional team.
- Disciplined strategy.
- Novel yet simple delivery method.
- Measured dose.
- Sensible valuation.
- Significant upside potential.
What is Tiamat (TAL)?
- Tiamat Agriculture Limited (TAL) was incorporated to gain a Home Office licence to cultivate high (>0.2%) THC cannabis.
- TAL is working in partnership with J E Piccaver & Co and Anglia Salads (together, JEPCO Group) a large scale farming company, to obtain a Home Office Cannabis cultivation licence.
- TAL and the JEPCO Group both own 50% of DJT Group Ltd, a company which owns 100% of DJT Plants Ltd – which is the body that will submit an application to the Home Office.
- DJT Plants has previously owned two Home Office high THC cannabis cultivation licences.
- The JEPCO Group have previously held a Home Office licence to cultivate high THC (>0.2% THC) cannabis.
- TAL is drawing on this specialist skill-set of professional farmers who previously grew high THC cannabis for a global pharmaceutical company.
- Accessing infrastructure of the JEPCO Group, thus reducing CAPEX requirements.
- Up to £100,000 for the repayment of founders initial costs.
- Deferred consideration of 200,000,000 CLNs @0.45p on successful granting of high THC license by the Home Office.
Why we like it
- The JEPCO Group has direct experience growing medical grade cannabis for an established pharmaceutical company.
- Synergistic potential with previous investments:
- Israel’s R&D and scientific know-how
- Upside revenue potential – agreement is a 50/50 profit share between Tiamat and the JEPCO Group.
- TAL and the JEPCO Group plan to grow >0.2% THC cannabis as medical cannabis legislation in the UK is changing to make cannabis more available to patients.